Saturday, February 28, 2015

Christmas 2014!

I'm sure by now no one really wants to view Christmas photos, but it's becoming a tradition that I post them super late and I can't break with tradition, can I!? The whole Christmas season was lovely, of course! As I was living in my own (rented and lovely) home and feeling very much like an adult, I treated myself to a real Christmas tree. It was a small tree but made me so happy over December!

I had two work events in the run up to Christmas, a party and a lunch. Both were fabulous! The theme for the party was 'A night at the movies' but I had voted for 'Around the world in 80 days'... so I stuck to my guns and went as Phileas Fogg! I was so happy with how all my time spent paper mache-ing and basket cutting went. We all had so much fun at the party; I already can't wait for the next one! The lunch was held in Churchill College and was so impressive! Rows and rows of tables were set with free flowing wine, games and crackers, and the food was so good.

I flew home a few days before Christmas Day and spent most of my time relaxing and hanging out with my family. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to delete all of my photos from Christmas Day, so don't have anything to show!! But I did take a few photos at Donadea Forest.

Then came Ódhran's birthday! The lucky guy got a cake shaped like a car, but couldn't figure it out and kept on trying to drive it with his hand! It was tasty. He got lots of fun presents and had so much fun playing with them.

And of course, we went to Tullamore to meet my Mum's family. Seeing everyone was lovely! My uncle had arranged a treasure hunt on the second day and our team very nearly won! Our annual trip to Tullamore is always so fun and more so this year, because I wasn't writing my thesis!

After Tullamore, I met Paul in Galway, where we had pints at our favourite pubs and met some friends. Then to Dublin, where we spent New Year's Eve with Paul's friends, who cooked up a feast for us! Finally, we went to London and Paul got treated to the Book of Mormon as my Christmas present to him! It was so good! I was worried that it would be too much like South Park but, though there were scenes that were fairly crude, it was great and so funny.

And there you have it! A rather hasty re-cap of my Christmas! Maybe next year, I'll write my Christmas post sooner after Christmas...

xx

IMG_6529

IMG_6526

IMG_6537

IMG_6597

IMG_6857

IMG_6873

IMG_6888

IMG_6899

IMG_6901

IMG_6907

IMG_6909

IMG_6916

IMG_6927

IMG_6942

IMG_6947

IMG_6951

IMG_6969

IMG_7016

IMG_7020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...