Saturday, April 19, 2014

Belated Christmas Photos!

I know it's April... MID April! But I just had to share these photos from Christmas. It was a fairly stressful and... well, awful time for me... but I managed to enjoy the month of December as much as possible while also struggling to write my thesis.

First was a super pretty wedding in early December! Friends of ours got hitched in the beautiful Millhouse in Slane. As Paul was a groom's man, we got a few perks, like extra pre-ceremony Champagne and Buttonières for the men.

Cian and Anne's Wedding - 04

Cian and Anne's Wedding - 09

The ceremony was lovely too!
Cian and Anne are super awesome people and we're so happy they're loving married life.

Cian and Anne's Wedding - 25

Here's a 'chemistree' made by the organic chemists at NUI Galway, isn't it great?!

Christmas 2013 - 11

And here's our real Christmas tree at home, which made me so happy!
Christmas at home is always wonderful but this year was made all the more special with the arrival of my brother and niece from Australia!

Christmas 2013 - 03

I love these kids so much!

Christmas 2013 - 17

Christmas 2013 - 01

Christmas 2013 - 33

Christmas 2013 - 41

It was Ódhran's first birthday over Christmas and we celebrated in a very fancy way!

Christmas 2013 - 43

Christmas 2013 - 44

Christmas 2013 - 42

Suit jackets, dresses, sequins and the K Club - very swank! It was really nice to have afternoon tea and drinks and spend the day chatting and laughing.

Christmas 2013 - 48

Christmas 2013 - 50

And finally. This house. This beautiful house.

Since I was little (or even since before I was born) we went to my Grandad's house in Tullamore every Christmas, either on the 25th or later but always for New Year's.

Christmas 2013 - 65

After Grandad passed away, the house was sold and we started spending the days between Christmas and New Year's in a hotel in Tullamore. We were very sad to hear that this incredible four storey house was split into apartments and later, that a fire was started and the house was gutted! A few years later though, we were delighted to hear that the house was put back together as it should be, cleaned up and made into a home again.

And here it is!
So many memories were made in this house, for my Mum, her brothers and sisters-in-law, myself, my sisters, my cousins... It's really nice to see it whole again.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...