Wednesday, March 26, 2014

New Adventures

Well.

After a nearly five month hiatus, I'm back! And I'll be honest, that blogging break was pretty awesome! I'm surprisingly not much of a long term multitasker so it was nice to be able to focus on finishing my PhD, time with my family and Paul and a big move to England.


And I did it - I finished my PhD!! An awesome friend of mine submitted my final hard-bound, super pretty thesis on Wednesday.




Isn't it beautiful?! Seriously, every time I look at it, I swoon.

So now I've been getting back to living my life and absolutely loving all the free time I have! Most of the time, especially as most of my stuff is across the Irish Sea, I have no idea what to do with myself... I've spent a lot of time reading. A lot of books.


Oh, and I live in England now!


IMG_3331

IMG_3380

IMG_3336

I was lucky enough to get my dream job as a publishing editor with the Royal Society of Chemistry in Cambridge. I moved over on the 25th/26th of January and started work on the 27th.

IMG_3428

IMG_3469

IMG_3512

IMG_3514

Every day I've worked has been really interesting and every weekend I've spent in this beautiful town has been incredibly inspiring. It's so exciting to be starting a new adventure!

IMG_3492

IMG_3530

IMG_3545

Things have been a bit strange while I've been living in temporary accommodation and finishing my thesis and planning a move, etc. but everything's slowly coming together in little segments! 


IMG_3364

IMG_3359

Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing some photos from what I was up to over the winter, including a bunch of late Christmas ones.

Have a nice week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...