Monday, March 25, 2013

Hiking in Wicklow!

Last time I was home in Naas, my Dad, a friend and I went hiking in the Wicklow Mountains. Now, I'll add right now that I don't hike. I climbed Croagh Patrick last year and before then... I don't know when I was hiking before then! But it was suggested and I said fuck it!

When we woke up in the morning, the sun was shining. It looked like a perfect day to be up a mountain...
This was our view once we got to the base.

Hike up the Wrong Mountain - 01

We couldn't see more than a few metres ahead. Even when we reached the top of the mountain, we only realised once we heard voices and the ground leveled out!

Hike up the Wrong Mountain - 04

Hike up the Wrong Mountain - 07

We ended up going up the larger of the two adjacent mountains and then down the wrong side. It turned out to be a nice detour. We pushed ourselves that little bit harder to climb an extra 70 m and we got to stroll beside this river to a small forest and some old houses.

Hike up the Wrong Mountain - 15

Hike up the Wrong Mountain - 16

Hike up the Wrong Mountain - 20

Hike up the Wrong Mountain - 24

Hike up the Wrong Mountain - 32

See this rain? Yeah...

Hike up the Wrong Mountain - 36

And this is what the mountain looked like when we got back to the base! Clearer, more inviting...

Hike up the Wrong Mountain - 40

We were happy though and left triumphantly!

Hike up the Wrong Mountain - 41

Hike up the Wrong Mountain - 45

2 comments:

Irishman said...

Looks delightful! :P Don't recognise the mountain, where were ye?

Fiona said...

Hi Brian! It was Lugalla and Knocknaclohoge past the Sally Gap... I don't have much info on it, but it was pretty nice!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...