Friday, December 7, 2012

Washington D.C. National Mall

I visited D.C. on Thanksgiving weekend. Unfortunately I woke up on Friday morning, two hours before my train was due to leave, with one hell of a head cold! It had a huge impact on my weekend. While I was eager to visit all the Smithsonian museums, walk along the National Mall twice or even three times, visit both Georgetown and Alexandria and maybe get some shopping done on the side, I knew the minute I woke up on Friday morning that I'd have to take it easy...

And so, somewhat reluctantly, I did. And it was really nice. I felt better and better as the weekend went on and saw a good selection of what this fine nation's capital has to offer.

On Friday, I strolled along the National Mall and saw the many memorials (and some other cool stuff) along the way.

The White House - 4

National Mall and Memorials - 04

National Mall and Memorials - 034

The Capitol - 04

National Mall and Memorials - 038

National Mall and Memorials - 08

National Mall and Memorials - 07

National Mall and Memorials - 10

National Mall and Memorials - 052

National Mall and Memorials - 043

National Mall and Memorials - 059

National Mall and Memorials - 076

National Mall and Memorials - 123

National Mall and Memorials - 092

The Lincoln Memorial was incredible!

National Mall and Memorials - 109

And we all know I have a thing for Einstein.

National Mall and Memorials - 112

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...