Monday, September 17, 2012

Philadelphia: Independence Park

I went to Philadelphia two weeks ago for my first glimpse into the "City of Brotherly Love". I have mixed feelings for Philly... There are some wonderful things to see and places to visit, but getting from A to Z isn't altogether charming.... The streets are bland and the buildings are grey. There's really not much between destinations. That being said though, I'll add that the destinations are really awesome! I did a lot in two days and have a million photos to prove it!


On Saturday, I visited the Old City and Independence Park. Unfortunately for me, I know less than the very basics of American history, so Independence Park was a bit lost on me. But I was still able to appreciate that I was standing in the place where the Declaration of Independence was written and signed, which was quite humbling. It was a really nice day and perfect for walking around the Park and Old City.







I found that the National Park blended in very well with the rest of Old City so that I was suddenly in the middle of a busy street lined with modern restaurants without realising!


I arrived at Christ Church Burial Ground too late in the day to visit Benjamin Franklin's grave but I'll be back again for sure! It looks lovely from the gates.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...