Monday, August 27, 2012

New York Part Deux: Wandering

We did a fair bit of walking around while I was in New York.



I took a stroll through the Columbia University campus... I even got into the library as a student of Princeton. I took a few photos of the super cosy reading rooms and old-style hallways, but was a bit hesitant of openly displaying my tourism as I was kinda masquerading as a student with an actual interest in the academic book collection... So I left quicker than I would have liked. Oh, I really love old-style libraries!



We went to Williamsburg and saw some pretty cool street art.




And then to SoHo and Chinatown...



Only to be caught in a torrential downpour! So we hid under some touristy shop displays and watched people cross the road...

Like this guy with his giant umbrella...



And this cute couple.



While I was in Central Park and Union Square, I saw a lot of squirrels. I've seen so many since I arrived in the States, they're everywhere!! And I love them! They're so cute and curious. So I thought I'd share pictures of some of the little critters that I met.*



A poor tail-less squirrel! This was sad. I wonder if he's bullied...




This guy was super cool!



  

*My apologies if pictures of squirrels don't interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...