Sunday, August 19, 2012

New York Part Deux: Scenic Adventures


I wonder how many times I'll make it to NYC over the six months that I'm here... And how many variations on a blog post title involving New York I can make? Obviously, I'm already losing any creativity with this title... part duex, part trois, part quatre... it'll get veeery boring veeery quickly! But anyway...

I dub this New York Week!!*

I have three posts about my trip and I'll be publishing them over the next week. This week is Central Park and Top of the Rock, i.e. scenic adventures!


I had mentioned in my last NYC post that Central Park may be incredible and it was that and more!





What I loved most about it was seeing glimpses of bustling New York City while walking through this calm, green and beautiful space.



My favourite place may have been the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir. I know it seems a bit boring, but the water was so calm and the view of the city from over it was stunning!


And later that day, I found myself at the Top of the Rock!! We arrived, with John's great wisdom, just as the sun was setting and stayed until it was dark (and we were ready for dinner). We saw New York City in three amazing different lights:

Dusk


Eh... Duskier


Night


For anyone visiting NYC, I would recommend getting your obligatory dose of high-high-up New York at the Top of the Rock. You'll be waiting less time than if you were to go up the Empire State Building AND you get to view the Empire State Building itself!!

'Cause it's only taken three weeks to sort through, delete, name and edit these photos, go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...