Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Passport... check. Visa... check. Sense of adventure...

As this is being posted*, I'm settling into Princeton, New Jersey, to finish off the experimental section of my PhD thesis!!

I'm both excited and apprehensive about this big step. I'm leaving some wonderful people in Ireland - my family, my friends and my incredible boyfriend, Paul. But I'll be gaining a fantastic research opportunity in a great combustion lab, an insight into American life and the chance to travel and explore a place I've never been before.

To my family - my parents, my sisters, my brother, my siblings-in-law, all the little (and big) ones - it's sad to be leaving when everything is changing and exciting things are happening! I know each one of you will have a super summer, autumn and winter of 2012 and I'll see most of you at Christmas.

To my friends, don't miss me too much while I'm away!! There'll be emails, Skype calls, Facebook and maybe even the occasional handwritten letter. To "the girls at lunch", as you all enjoy your new jobs, go for interviews, write up your theses and take steps into the real world, I wish you the best of luck. Know that I'll miss you all loads. To my colleagues, best of luck over the next year! I hope you all enjoy the Symposium and Poland. Don't let Christine do ALL the baking while I'm away. I'm sure some of you men have hidden talents we don't know about.

To Paul... I love you so much and I'm so glad we could spend the last few weeks more happily than I've ever been. It goes without saying that I'll miss you.

Next post should be interesting...

x

*Scheduling blog posts is pretty awesome!

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...