Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ramblings

Stopping in, in the midst of my Spanish Holiday posts, to say hi! I actually meant to post this early last week, but you know how real life gets in the way...

So here's a few bits and pieces I wanted to share with you!

At the end of September, my sister Emer opened up a solo exhibition in Tallaght, Dublin, that will run all through October. I love Emer's work, her photographs are incredibly beautiful and vivid! The exhibition opening was great and it was nice to see so many people turn up to support Emer. If you're in Dublin, I'd highly recommend checking it out. All information you'll need to visit are here on the gallery's website.



While at home for the opening, we went for a walk in Donadea Forest, which was, as always, lovely. The autumn colours were really showing and the weather was lovely and crisp. This is what I imagine autumn to be like in most "normal" countries... It lasted about two weeks here in Ireland. And now it rains quite a bit.






The return of autumn brings with it the return of the academic year and  Societies. And it keeps me very busy! This year, alongside my other commitments and interests, I joined the Organic Gardening Society in NUI Galway and am loving it! The garden is great and it's so nice to meet new people who are all so different and lovely.

The Society needed someone to write a fortnightly article for the SIN newspaper and I gladly took on the role. I really like writing and am trying to improve this skill. My first article was published last week. You can find it here in the archives - Volume 13, Issue 2. I'll continue to write regularly for the newspaper and enhance the profile of the Society, all while availing of lovely home (ish) grown produce!

Just a few bits and pieces on this blustery Thursday evening.

Hope you're all well!

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...