Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sewing with Pippa Blue

About a year ago, I went to a sewing class with Pippa Blue and Andrea from Lush Stuff in which I made a super pretty A-line skirt!



Last week, I did my second class with Andrea and Pippa Blue in which I made Amy Butler's Anna Tunic.




With cute buttons...


I had a blast!


These classes are so helpful, informative and encouraging. Andrea was the teacher and Eva, who runs Pippa Blue with her friend Ger, was there to assist, give tips and help, iron and make coffee. There were five women at the class, including myself. We all got along very well and it was really nice to sew and chat with some like-minded people. The class ran from 11 am to 6:30 pm, which was a bit over the scheduled time, but there was no rushing or pushing us out the door, which I really appreciated. We didn't even notice the time passing! When myself and a few others got stuck at spots, we were encouraged by Andrea and Eva to rip out our stitches and start again, which was a big lesson in patient, careful sewing. If I had started out making the Tunic by myself, most likely I would have given up after a few hours. Or left it to the side to return to "one day". It was nice to be in such an environment, one with a perfect mix of laid back attitude and motivation.

For anyone in Galway with a desire to learn to sew and use your sewing machine or even knit and crochet, keep an eye on Pippa Blue's Classes & Workshops page! I promise, you won't be disappointed!

P.S. If you're wondering, the fabric I used for this dress is Erin McMorris Summersault Raindrops in Turquoise. Isn't it so pretty?! I figure, with all my talk of summer being over and autumn setting in, I could at least keep up the cheerful spirit for a little longer!

5 comments:

Katri said...

The tunic looks gorgeous! I love the fabric. Perhaps I should brush up on my sewing skills as well and go some time. I have been much more into knitting and crochets, so the sowing machine is still a bit of a mystery to me.

Aoife G said...

Dress is gorgeous Fi - hope you're bringing it home this weekend ;)

Aoife G said...

Yay!! at last I've figured out how to comment on your blogs :)

hello. said...

the dress is beautiul! i love the simple design but the fun print of the fabric. well done :)

Fiona said...

Thanks everyone, I'm really happy with it!! (:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...