Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Pooh, promise you won't forget me, ever?"



Christopher Xavier Gerbil passed away on Thursday night.


He had been to the vet and was on antibiotics, but I knew he was struggling to fight off whatever infection he had. He slept on my lap and in my arms all of Thursday evening and died during the night in his sleep in his warm and cosy home. I'm glad he had a nice quiet last night.


Like Samson, Christopher was awesome. He was always active, always moving. He was feisty and exciting. He could chew up any cardboard box in under a minute. He was always the one I had to search under beds and cupboards for after I had let the two of them run around for a few hours. He'll be missed.








"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you."

2 comments:

Irishman said...

aw, sorry to hear that Fi, but great that you have such nice memories. x

English Muse said...

aw, i'm sorry about your little baby...xo

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...