Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pretty Bike, Yay!

I've had my bike for five years. Look! Ain't it nice?


It was the first real thing I bought with my first real money that I got from my first real job(s).* I love my bike, it's perfect for me. However, I've been wanting to paint it for quite a while. I could see pretty mint greens in my bike's future. So that's what I did! I got the paint in Faherty's, the paint shop I mentioned in my shelf restyle post. They made up a tiny pot of the prettiest pretty mint green enamel paint. Yum! And look at it now!

**

It took some time... I was hesitant about dismantling the brake and gear cables. I made sure to cover every part that didn't want painting in masking tape. I had to sand every last centimetre of it. Then came two coats of primer and two coats of the green. Then lots of waiting. Then another week of packing up and moving out and being otherwise busy. Then back to the bike, painting in some not-so-perfect parts. I painted the back carrier with some gloopy old black enamel paint my Dad found in our shed. That was tough, and gave the carrier a... "rustic" look. I want to get black mudguards, but that will have to wait some time. Pretty happy with it as it is though, yay!

In other news, I've moved all my stuff into my new apartment / house *** in town and spent yesterday evening rearranging things in the kitchen to fit my cups, mixer, baking tins, cookie jar, etc. Unpacking is going to take some time. I really have too much stuff. But with as much space as I have, I don't think it'll be too much work finding a space for everything I own.


Once I've settled down and unpacked properly, I'll dedicate a post to my lovely new house. There's no internet connection there though, and I'm not sure if I'll be getting any soon, so you may have to wait a bit. In fact, posting may be irregular for a while. I hope you all don't mind!


Enjoy your week!

Fiona

*Two jobs, I was that hardcore.


**Excuse the drying towel in this photo. I should have allowed more care and time to take photos of my lovely newly painted bike. Busy lady, I am!

***It's on the third floor of the complex, but it has a three storeys... So what does this make it? An apartment or a house??

3 comments:

Skuld said...

Looks great - much more you.

Victoria said...

That is the perfect color for your bike, it looks great!

Fiona said...

Thank you both!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...