Sunday, March 13, 2011

It’s done!

What do you think? You like? It took me quite a lot of time for something that looks so simple… Shocking really! I was changing and adding HTML all over the place.* The Internet really is a great tool for learning new things… Not that I learnt anything. It was mostly copy and paste. I now have an About Me page and a Daily Reads page on the sidebar. And I’ve expanded the main body of the blog greatly! Now, I’m not calling myself a photographer in any way, oh no, but I do love to take photos. And I wanted to make sure that this blog shows that and becomes a place I can share the photos I take. So… Bigger post body equals bigger photos, right? Yay!

And a big thank you to Paul for the banner! It’s lovely, isn’t it? It’s based around the tattoo that I got on my back over a year ago. I really love cats and butterflies.
_________________________________________________________________

Besides working on this blog, I’ve been full on relaxing this weekend. I was awake at 12:30 on Saturday morning and out of the apartment at 3:30. A sleep in and eleven hour sleep that I really really needed! I’ve been going places and doing stuff every weekend since I got here and I was really feeling it. Waking up was getting so hard, as was sitting at a desk every day this week. So my only plan for this weekend was to get lots of rest…

And go to the flea market today! That was nice, walking down Grand Rue with stalls on either side. I mostly looked and admired. However, I did buy this beautiful tea cup and saucer.

Marche aux Puces

It’s lovely, isn’t it?? I’ve always wanted pretties like this. I just hope I can take it back to Ireland safely… Jeez, I very much hope it doesn’t break. It was made in Bavaria and that’s pretty much all I know about it, except, of course, that it’s so pretty!
_________________________________________________________________

So I thought, while I have so much free time on my hands this weekend, I’d share some recent photos with you guys, let you know about the *little things* I’m getting up to.

I rented a bike at the start of this month…

Nancy Walk 3rd March 18

It’s fifteen euro cheaper than a monthly tram pass and good for me! I’m eating a lot of tasty food here – bread, gnocchi, cheese, pastries, macarons – that’s not very good for me at the end of the day. So cycling up and down hills for an hour a day is one step to keeping that little bit more fit… Until I can get home to Galway and start yoga again. And cycling is really so nice. It doesn’t rain too often here and I haven’t yet been rained on while cycling. Plus, I get to see a lot more of Nancy and find new streets and parks. Win! These are a few photos from little walks and cycles I’ve taken in the past month or so.

Nancyville 55

Eglise

Place Stanislas Retro 3


I got some tulips this week too! Oh, I love tulips!!

Tulips 1

Nelly went on a cycling tour of Holland last summer and brought me back some tulips bulbs, which I planted and watched grow… And then I left for France. And none of them had flowered by the time I left. Nelly’s taking care of them at the minute and she’s told me that one of the two indoor plants is gone and the other is thriving away! I’m one third delighted and two thirds annoyed that I don’t get to see it. I hear it’s purple, but maybe that was a rumour. So I treated myself to some cut tulips. And they’re very pretty.

Tulips 8Tulips Collage 1

And I’ve done a little bit of embroidery! Look, it’s a ladybird!

Embroidered Ladybird

I really know nothing about embroidery, so I was making all of this up as I went, but I really like the way it turned out. I’m glad Mollie’s started an Embroidery Basics series. I’ll certainly be checking this out every Thursday evening!

Yep, just a little idea of what I’ve been up to. What have you been up to this weekend?

Fi xx

*And I know no HTML.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Great job on the ladybug, it's adorable!

Fiona said...

Thanks Victoria!

jannek said...

Wow, it really shows your worked on your site, great! Like the banner! I'm also a very selflearning photographer :) It's great isn't it?

Fiona said...

Thanks Jannek! Yeah, I love taking photos, I never leave my camera behind! (:

Skuld said...

Aw, blog and ladybird looks great sweetheart. I am full of meat and beer.....

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...