Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Decorations

Because I live in a small apartment and I was a bit lazy on the decorating front this Christmas, no decorations went up, besides this gorgeous paper snowflake:


Christmas Snowflake 2


I found the tutorial to make this on Cut Out + Keep two years ago and have made a snowflake every year since. I made three this year – one for my apartment, one for my family home and one for the office.


Christmas 6

Office Decorating 20


Chris and I, the crafty ones in my research group, decided the office needed a bit of handmade love. Over the course of a few evenings, we made this long, long paper chain:


Office Decorating 9


We had so much fun making it! And it was easy peasy. Sitting at a desk, talking about baking, sewing and the upcoming Christmas party, cutting and stapling.


Office Decorating 3


We finally put up the decorations one weekend. Simple but pretty, in my opinion.


Office Decorating 12

Office Decorating 17

Office Decorating 18Office Decorating 19


At home, my parents went a bit wild. We had a busy house this Christmas, with future brothers-in-law and eight year olds, so they decided that our decorations needed a revamp! My Mum bought this beautiful carousel:


Christmas 9


And then the tree… So pretty!!


Christmas 1Christmas 3


Mittens certainly liked all the Christmas cheer…



Mittens and the Christmas Tree 2


See? He’s so… Excited… Isn’t he??

There was more snow over Christmas, lots of it!!



Snow 23Snow 47

Snow 53

Snow 39



Unfortunately*, it’s all gone now and, though the temperatures have risen, it’s just not the same. The Winter Wonderland has gone. But it’s a bit more practical for travelling and walking now, which is something to be thankful for.


And there’s Christmas for you! Over for another year. Back to work on Wednesday, eek! I just don’t know how I feel about that. Oh well, at least I’ll have Christmas memories to sustain me!


Fi


*Fortunately for a lot of people.

1 comment:

Your Kitty said...

These are some gorgeous crafts and pictures.

I especially love that you and Chris decorated the office space! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...